Jack White at The Shrine
Jack White and his all-female band, The Peacocks, did not disappoint!
In addition to the great music, I really appreciated that he didn’t have one of those obnoxious video screens behind him full of song lyrics and annoying images. Just a simple 3 column backdrop (a W for White?) in monochrome lighting…blue?? gray???
According to Setlist.FM, this was the set list last night:
Intro (I’m Shakin’)
- Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (The White Stripes song)
- Missing Pieces
- Love Interruption
- Top Yourself (The Raconteurs song)
- Weep Themselves to Sleep
- Cannon / Sixteen Saltines
- Hypocritical Kiss
- Hotel Yorba (The White Stripes song)
- Two Against One (Danger Mouse cover)
- We’re Gonna Be Friends (The White Stripes song)
- I Guess I Should Go to Sleep
- Take Me With You When You Go
- Steady, As She Goes (The Raconteurs song)
- Blue Blood Blues (The Dead Weather song) (Screwdriver intro)
- I’m Slowly Turning Into You (The White Stripes song)
- Ball & Biscuit (The White Stripes song)
- My Doorbell (The White Stripes song)
- Freedom At 21
- Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes song)Opening for Jack was the Luke Winslow-King Trio with Esther Rose playing washboard and singing with Luke, and Cassidy Holden playing an upright bass. Good music!
Shout out to the venue…the amazing 1926 Shrine Auditorium.